United Kingdom, month date, 2020 – Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science through its exclusive African Distributor United Scientific (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa has supplied 24 handheld X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) X-MET8000 Geo Expert analyzers to the Tanzanian Ministry of Mining based in Dodoma to help officials ensure correct mining laboratory analysis value for local and export minerals.
The Tanzanian Mining Commission has put in place new measures for exporting minerals where mineral values need to be controlled and verified before exported out of the country. Mining is one of the leading sectors in Tanzania and exports of minerals such as gold, iron ore, nickel, copper and cobalt, are increasing each year as demand for these rare earth elements (REEs) and precious metals grows.
The 24 X-MET8000 Geo Experts bought by the Tanzanian Mining Commission will be used by the officials in in-field labs to verify local ore concentrations prior to export. They will also help to verify that correct value on clearing declaration documentation has been provided before minerals leave the country at various border posts.
Hitachi High-Tech’s instruments were chosen by the Tanzanian Mining Commission due to the robustness, reliability, cloud storage capabilities and flexible package options available for the X-MET8000 Expert Geo as well as the service form its local distributor. Their package includes rare earth elements and precious metals methods to ensure full visibility. The X-MET8000 Expert Geo can analyze REEs including Y, Sc, La, Ce, Pr and Nd in addition to other common elements explored from mines and soils.
Jacques Le Roux, Managing Director of United Scientific Pty Ltd South Africa, said: “We are delighted to be working with the Tanzanian Mining Commission and local inspectors. We look forward to continuing to build our strong partnership and work very closely together. Over the last three years, United Scientific and Hitachi have supplied record numbers of handheld instruments into the African market making us the leading handheld analyzer provider in the region.”
Paul Bunting, VP Sales and Service EMEA, said: “The X-MET8000 Expert Geo offers excellent accuracy, speed and limits of detection in a rugged IP54 and MIL-STD-810G format that’s affordable. Our delivery of the 24 X-MET8000 handheld XRF analyzers to the Tanzanian Ministry of Mining as a preferred vendor is yet another example of Hitachi helping businesses unlock the power of analysis and striving to increase social value.”
About Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science:
Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science is a global company within the Hitachi High-Tech Group. The company is headquartered in Oxford, UK, with R&D and assembly operations in Finland, Germany and China and sales and support operations in a number of countries around the world. Our product range includes:
- Handheld analyzers: The X-MET8000 is used by thousands of businesses to deliver simple, rapid, non-destructive analysis for alloy analysis, scrap metal sorting and metal grade screening using precision XRF technology. Vulcan, powered by LIBS laser technology identifies metal alloys in just one second; hugely benefitting businesses processing high volumes of metal and making Vulcan one of the fastest analyzers in the world.
- Versatile Benchtop XRF analyzers: The LAB-X5000 and X-Supreme8000 deliver highly-trusted quality assurance and process control across a diverse range of industries such as petroleum, wood treatment, cement, minerals, mining and plastics.
- Specialist RoHS analyzers: designed for Restriction of Hazardous Substances analysis, our EA1000AIII, EA6000VX and HM1000A analyzers are quick and easy to use, with flexibility to adapt to evolving regulation.
- Microspot XRF coatings analyzers: FT160, FT110A and X-Strata measure coating thickness of single- and multi-layer coatings including alloy layers and are designed to be incorporated into quality control or process control programs, as well as research laboratories.
- OES metals analyzers: Our OE750, PMI-MASTER, FOUNDRY-MASTER and TEST-MASTER range of optical emission spectroscopy analyzers are used by industries the world over for high-precision metals analysis.
- Thermal analysis: The DSC7000X, DSC7020, NEXTA STA, TMA7100, TMA7300 and DMA7100 thermal analysis range is optimised to detect and visualize the smallest reactions, while being robust, reliable and easy to use.
- Lithium-ion battery analysis: Our EA8000A x-ray particle contaminant analyzer is custom designed for fast and efficient quality control in lithium-ion battery production.
- Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
Laura Phimister, Global Marketing Communications Manager and EMEA Marketing Lead, Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
About United Scientific:
United Scientific (Pty) is a leading partner distributor for globally-renowned manufacturers of Laboratory and Analytical Equipment, used for Research & Development, in University laboratories and across numerous industries, including Industrial, Chemical, Petrochemical, Research, Educational, Food and Beverage, Agricultural, Environmental, Water, Mining, Materials Testing, Medical, Pharmaceutical and related industries throughout Africa.